Friday, May 2, 2008

Question on my Xerox Workcentre M24?

Question on my Xerox Printer?

I have a workcentre m24 xerox printer and what I see on my screen color-wise is not what comes out from the printer. i have tried every predefined setting in the print dialog box to no avail. i am printing a PDF file. when i print directly from illustrator or quark, the colors are a bit closer.

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 week ago

Also: I really should have added that the print out on my HP color laserjet 3700DN is MUCH closer to what I see on the screen than my 8x more expensive Xerox M24 ... how can that be?
A Top Contributor is someone who is knowledgeable in a particular category.
Printers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I can make this fairly short and sweet. 1st: Calibrate your monitor! Adobe Gamma is an easy tool to use for this. 2nd: Make sure your M24 has been calibrated by the service technician, I know you can perform a calibration BUT that paticular model from Xerox is high end and the service tech has more options available to him than you do.. Also remember to approve HIS calibration. Color is subjective and what he thinks is blue you may not. 3rd: Use PANTONE colors when possible and get a PANTONE book so you will know what the color is supposed to look like printed.

I have been in the office industry over 20 years. As a service tech, the customers that I have taken care of over the years RARELY call me because what they see is not what they get. Just following those 3 simple things will improve your prints dramatically.

The last thing is to use a high quality paper. I know it sounds cliche but the XEROX papers will give you the truest output from the XEROX machines.

Simply_T is mostly correct in that the image printed will never match exactly, BUT with the M24 (high end machine) you can get VERY close.

**edit** With the Hp being close to what you see, the problem defintiely lies in the M24. It needs calibrated by the tech.

**2nd edit** How many copies/prints are on your M24? It could be something like a bad developer.

No comments: