Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Can I fax with an all-in-one over cable internet?

Can I fax with an all-in-one over cable internet?

If I buy a regular all-in-one printer and hook it up via usb to my computer, can I then fax via the internet? I do not have a phone line that works anymore, as I use voip.
Also could I received faxes? and if so how would I figure out the number, or would I have to ask comcast for a second # ?

Thanks


Pendragon by Pendrago...
A Top Contributor is someone who is knowledgeable in a particular category.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

1) No
2) Maybe
3) Home Number or 2nd number either/or

Faxing over VoIP is sometimes a problem due to "lossy" codecs. Analog (old phone line) is still best for faxing.

You can read more about it here.

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/fax-...

In short faxing over VOiP might work. Use caution and at your own risk.

No comments: