Monday, July 14, 2008

Business Would Be Boring If...

we didn't laugh a little. A very good friend once told me we should play as hard as we work. Since hearing that bit of wisdom I have tried to take it to heart. Perhaps you should as well. Here a some funny quotes about business to hopefully at least make you smile.

  • "A criminal is a person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation." Howard Scott.
  • "I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons." Douglas Adams.
  • "I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early." Charles Lamb.
  • "In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock." Orson Welles.
  • "Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet." Mark Twain
  • "The definition of a consultant: Someone who borrows, your watch, tells you the time and then charges you for the privilege." letter in the Times newspaper.
  • "In the business world an executive knows something about everything, a technician knows everything about something and the switchboard operator knows everything." Harold Coffin.
  • "The first rule of business is: Do other men for they would do you." Charles Dickens.
  • "Few great men would have got past personnel." Paul Goodman.
  • "When I asked my accountant if anything could get me out of this mess I am in now he thought for a long time and said, 'Yes, death would help'." Robert Morley.

No comments: